CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Sleep is Good

Just a quick blog because sleep is good, and I need some. Last night Abigail was up 3 times, and finally at 3:30 we caved, and let her sleep in our bed. Needless to say, I did not get up early for my swim workout. I hate not waking up early. I feel like I'm playing catch up the whole day. Because Abigail was so tired, she needed a morning nap. My whole schedule was just messed up. The house desperately needed cleaning, and I was trying to fit a workout in somewhere between other important things. *side note on important things* I have made it an unspoken rule of thumb to read the scriptures before I do anything else. I love the calm and clarity it gives me at least for a while. Anyway, at like 3:30 when I should have been getting ready for my back up exercise time, but wasn't because Abigail was really tired and needed a late afternoon nap, and because I was still cleaning and doing laundry, I was grumbling. Then I had a nice thought. I just needed to get my priorities straight. I was really hating the bathroom and cursing the toothpaste on the mirror because there was somewhere else I really wanted to be. If I didn't have anything to do I might be happy to clean up after my family. I think that when I get annoyed with the kids, it's almost always because there is something that I think is more important than them. So I readjusted my priorities a little, and remembered that it's nice to be able to take care of my family, and felt much better. I also complained to my sweet husband who said I could go swim as soon as he got off work. :) Yay.

So as far as training goes I did get a swim in where I practiced my flip turns almost the whole time. I did some sprints as well. I was researching the triathlon, and the swim is very very short. This stinks because swimming is my best event. I looked up last year's times and the best swim time was 6:45. I can swim it in under 6 minutes easy. But it's only 6 minutes of the race. So it doesn't make a big difference.

But boy did it feel good to swim today though. I did 6 loads of laundry (which included folding and putting them away), tidied my room and the kid's room, dusted everything, vacuumed, and cleaned the bathroom (not including the floor or the tub). It was a lot. I feel a little guilty actually because I'm sure I neglected the kids. I had to of, that is a lot. BY 5:30, I was stressed. After the swim I felt like I spent the day at a spa. I felt incredible. Energized, happy, renewed.

The best part of the day was I got to play volleyball tonight, and it was so much fun. I laughed and laughed. I was so loopy. Speaking of loopy. I gotta get to bed now. Sleep is Good.

2 comments:

cerrah

Look at you go.

You have always been my athletic hero. (: I'm glad that it is so theraputic for you to get that exercise and such.

And volleyball was very fun. I'm glad I got to go, too.

Anonymous

Good for you!!!

I find I have the same problem with my kids. When I'm annoyed, it's because I'm neglecting them, trying to get something else done.

And, it's okay that your kids had one day of neglect. It won't do any permanent damage because you're so involved every other day of their lives!!

Proud of you!!