CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 15, 2009

EWWW!



With parenting comes a lot of gross stuff. You really need a strong stomach. The diapers are enough alone, but then you have spit up, drool, throw up, diarrhea, toilets sprayed by a 3 year old boy with the worst aim, the weird foreign objects in diapers. (We have a good one for that. Abigail was always putting things in her mouth, and we would find some crazy stuff in her poopy diapers. These are things that have passed through her system. The winners were a polly pocket boot, and drum roll please . . . a used band-aid.) Gross! I know.

Last night I got a new chart topper for my most disgusting parenting moment. Gabe is sick with the flu. We were having a late dinner because Emma had ballet. I am unloading groceries, making tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches one a time, and not doing it fast enough. I guess you could say I was a little frazzled.

Gabe started coughing and threw up some of his dinner on to his plate. (This is actually pretty common for us. Gabe throws up his food 2-3 times a week. He's got a really strong gag reflex, and a psychological fear of anything that is not a waffle with cinnamon and sugar on it entering his mouth.) So a little throw up on the plate is no biggie. I got a little frustrated because he had asked for red soup all day and I had to go to the store to get him some, and now he just throws it and half of his sandwich up. I say, “ sigh, Gabe you love red soup and it will make you feel better and it’s really good.” Then I take a nice bite of the remaining half of his sandwich. Which is wet. I don’t even think about it until I swallow. Then I looked at his plate and realized his sandwich has been sitting in his pool of throw up.

I just stood there trying to figure out something that would make it better. I already swallowed it. I couldn’t do anything. Normal throw up would have been bad enough, but this was throw up that was full of flu germs.

Maybe developing this stong stomach is preparing us for something. If so, I don’t want to know what it is.

7 comments:

Lindsay

Ewww, gross, gross, gross, gross, gross! I would have lost it right then.

Rachel Sue

eeeewwwwwww! I don't know if there is any better way to say it.

*shudder*

angee

EWWWWWWWWW GROSS!!

I about lost it all just reading it, let alone actually experiencing it! So sorry!

cerrah

That is pretty nasty. *shudder*

Bless you for dealing with the vomit that often.

Nate and Jacque Holt

k, i just threw up reading that! I'm so sorry you had to go through that!
hope you guys all get better!

Anonymous

You win! I have NO story to top that! Wow! Sara, I had no idea what a trial it could be feeding kids. You are such a trooper. Did you tell Mark before or after he kissed you?
xoxo,
Amy

Krista Jones

LOL! Before kids that would have KILLED me... but now... just makes me laugh (and I agree with everyone else- *shudder* a little bit)

Thanks for posting on my blog!! I REALLY hope you win! I've been rooting for you!! :)