CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Triathlete in Training

So all those who have been agonizing over what I have been doing to train, I apologize. Your wait is over.

I think I left off on Thursday. Friday, I did go to a new swimming pool. It was a tad longer, but just barely. I'm still not worried about the swim. I have been practicing flip turns, and I think I have them down, but I'm still a little nervous doing them in the race. We'll see. I need Mark to practice with me again.

Saturday, I went to a long spin class with Steve. He is this crazy awesome cyclist who gets really into it and motivates you as we walks up and down the rows and yells. He reminds me a little of Tony Perkis (Ben Stiller)from Heavyweigts. I like him though and it was a great class. St. George Tri Club was holding a session at the lake, and I wanted to go SOOO bad. I racked my brain trying to think of a way. Most of the family was gone at Brian's graduation (congrats Brian). I couldn't leave Mark with the kids because he has been working like crazy with school and his book and still had so much to do. I tried to find a babysitter, but sadly had to give up. Saturday was one of those days that I wished I could be an athlete for a living. I wish I could train for 8 hours a day. Sometimes I just LOVE IT!!! I was responsible though and took care of my family first. Kudos to me. :)

After recovering from a weekend of graduation and birthday parties, and lots and lots of candy, Monday came. I did a brick BIKE/RUN workout. It was a great one. I biked 18 miles, and ran 4. I tried really hard to run faster and I did. I got my pace up to 7.5 mph. yay. Brian really helped motivate me by teaching me how he runs so fast. He told me after he runs he throws up. I didn't run fast enough to throw up, but I'm still working on it. I would actually really love to be able to push myself that hard.

Today, I went swimming. It was a dinky little workout. I practiced my flip turns and did a practice race. I played sand volleyball tonight which can I just say. White girls can't jump. At least not me. It was a little sad, but a lot of fun. I love being outside. St. George is so fun. Mark and I are looking for a house down here. Maybe a lease option. I have been quizzing everyone I talk to about where they live and if they love it, and if there are lots of kids there etc. I am determined to live in a great neighborhood. It's going to be hard to beat our last one.

Well, there you go. That should satisfy your thirst for Sara training for a little while. :)

0 comments: