CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 11, 2009

Balance

Sickness. I really don't like you.

I can't believe the last two weeks before the triathlon, I get sick. It really stinks. I have two thoughts.

1: It is hard for me to figure out what I am supposed to be doing for training. By that I mean, what kind of intensity, and duration, and in what order. It's not good to over train or under train. It's frustrating knowing that I could be hurting myself when I think I am improving myself. Throwing sickness into the mix just makes it harder. I don't know what to do right now because I am sick and I have a race in 6 days. And I didn't really do anything last week. Do I rest completely? Do I exercise a little? Do I make up for last week and go hard?

2: Triathlons are supposed to be fun and challenging, but not stressful. I don't want to allow something in my life that is going to cause me stress and worry. I already struggle a little with balancing exercise and family life. I've mentioned before, some days I wish I could exercise all day. But I have to be careful that training doesn't precede family and home life. If it's causing stress, then there is definitely a problem. Who needs added stress in their life?

With this is mind, I am just going to do what I want to do this week, and try to take it easy. And enjoy the race this Saturday. (By doing this I have to lower my expectations a little) There will be more races in which I won't be sick the two weeks preceding it. :)

0 comments: